Christopher has two days left of Kindergarten and then we'll be in full on family summer mode over here. This summer will look a little different than last. We have no spots reserved in camps or activities this year, and only a handful of very new friends so our weeks are looking a little stark right now.
In order to remedy that, and give us some direction, I've jotted down a little list of things we can browse through if (when) we're feeling just plain out of fun ideas. I hope to document some of our adventures this summer, so, more to follow!
1. 1st day of summer donut run : happening this Friday morning!
2. Take a trip downtown to the Farmer's Market for fresh corn and watermelon
3. Find the local library and sign up for new library cards
4. Make and deliver homemade cookies to every new neighbor that moves in on our block
5. Chase down the ice cream truck and buy the most decadent treat on the display
6. Check out the NC Museum of Natural Sciences
7. Make a day trip to the beach
8. Head out to the Lazy 5 Ranch
9. Play outside in the rain during a summer storm
10. Hang out at the Taco truck with the construction guys for lunch
11. Stop by Fearrington Village and visit the Belted Galloway cows
12. Spend the day hiking and swimming at Jordan Lake
13. Check out the Soda Shoppe in PIttsboro
14. Conquer the pool waterslide
15. Make homemade popsicles
16. Celebrate Matthew's 5th birthday at the Great Wolf Lodge
17. Take a sneaky mid-week trip up to Washington DC to visit Katie, Pat, and David.
That, in addition to our regular rotation of pool/Target/Chick-fil-A, plus a trip to Seattle and some visitors in July should keep us plenty busy. Until August, at least.